A huge thanks to Claire at BrizzleLass Books for nominating me for this!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. Okoto Enigma
The rules by Okoto Enigma are:
1. Put the award logo/image in your post.
2. List all the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
4. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
5. Nominate 10-20 people and notify them
6. Link back to the creator of the award.
7. Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
8. Share the link to your best/favorite post of yours.
I never know what to write when talking about myself; it usually ends up sounding boring. I’m going to share some odd things this time.
1. I didn’t learn to swim until I was an adult. I took lessons with my children. It was expensive, but well worth it.
2. I didn’t get my driver’s license until after I became a mother.
3. My first time ever seeing the ocean was after I became a mother.
I guess this just proves that I grew up with my children. LOL
- What was the last book you read that you couldn’t even bring yourself to review? I review every book I read, but I was tempted not to for Brave New World. I know it’s a classic and most people think it’s a masterpiece, but I disliked it very much. It was just boring and horrible in my opinion. I’m actually surprised no one has commented on my review to bash me over it.
- What is your favorite TV show right now? Right now, I don’t have one. I have to wait for it to come back on, which drives me nuts. The Walking Dead is my favorite. I don’t really watch much TV, when I do, I’m usually also reading, writing, folding laundry, or on social media. My husband doesn’t understand why I can’t just watch something instead of doing other things at the same time.
- Are you going to or would you like to be going to any book/genre conventions this year? I haven’t made any plans to go to any big ones yet, but I will be going to a lot of local book events.
- Which book character best describes you? Hmm… that is a tough one. It depends on my mood, which changes way too often. LOL I guess I’d have to say Tris from Divergent. Not that I’d probably ever be that brave, but she reminds me of me because of her need to be more. She didn’t want to settle for what was expected of her. She wanted more and she went for it. She didn’t let fear hold her back. She fought for what she felt was right.
- Write a one sentence review of the book you are currently reading. The Cistern is creepy and intriguing.
If you aren’t nominated below, but want to participate, please do so. If you are nominated, but don’t want to participate, or just don’t have time, I totally understand.
My Questions for You
1. If your life had a book title, what would it be?
2. Where do you want to visit that you’ve never been to before?
3. What is your favorite vacation destination?
4. What is the best present you’ve ever received?
5. What is your dream job?
Thank you. I look forward to reading the answers.