It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything related to the craft of writing and this is a subject that we all can use a refresher on. So, if it’s redundant, I apologize. I still see this over and over again, especially with Indie writers. So, for what it’s worth, here we go.
If you wonder how can I show something, ask yourself; how do I notice she is quick, he is happy, it is big?
- Don’t tell me the story…show me, using your words.
- Place the reader INTO the story. This is especially important in first person POV—but also equally important in third.
- Use the senses to bring the reader along for the ride. Sight, Sound, Touch, Taste, Smell.
- Be specific and creative.
For example…One might describe a love interest this way. This is Telling:
- I watched Jack walk into the room. He was hot; maybe the best looking…
View original post 523 more words